Other Scholarship Opportunities
Quantitative Biomedical Science is Biological/Biomedical Research that employs a quantitative approach, particularly in areas such as Computational Biology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Genomics, Structural Biology, Cell Biology etc.
The Georgina Sweet Awards for Women in Quantitative Biomedical Science were created by Professor Leann Tilley as part of her Australian Research Council Laureate Fellowship program to promote and support female scientists who demonstrate excellence in the area of Quantitative Biomedical Science. See http://mdhs.unimelb.edu.au/equity-and-diversity/georgina-sweet-laureate-fellowship/georgina-sweet-awards for details.
* Georgina Sweet Award for Women in Quantitative Biomedical Science: Up to two awards of $25,000 will be made each year to Australian female researchers who demonstrate excellence in the area of quantitative biomedical science.
* Georgina Sweet Travel Support for a Female Keynote Speaker in Quantitative Biomedical Science: Up to three awards of $3,000 are available each year to support the attendance of a female keynote speaker at an Australian conference. Applications are open at any time until awards have been allocated for the year.
Capstone Editing Scholarships: For information, guidelines and application forms for the following, go to https://www.capstoneediting.com.au/scholarships
* The Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Grant for Womenprovides up to A$5,000 for one academic per year to assist with the costs associated with a research project of her choosing leading towards a publication.
* The Capstone Editing Carer’s Travel Grant for Academic Womenprovides up to A$3,000 for one academic per year who is the primary carer of at least one child under five years old.
* The Capstone Editing Conference Travel Grant for Postgraduate Research Studentsprovides up to A$3,000 for one student per year to assist in covering the costs of attending a conference in relation to their degree.
* The Capstone Editing Laptop Grant for Postgraduate Coursework Studentsprovides one student per year with A$3,000 (tax free) to use to purchase a computer or laptop and software.
* The Capstone Editing Research Scholarship for Honours Studentsprovides up to A$3,000 (tax free) to one student per year to assist with covering the costs associated with the research for their thesis.
* The Capstone Editing Textbook Grant provides A$3,000 to one undergraduate student per year to assist in covering the cost of their textbooks for the duration of their degree.